If you’re looking to make your routine shower more effective and far more refreshing then you’ve just landed at the right place. Taking a shower is perhaps one of the best ways to feel refreshed and feel all clean. An effective shower not only relaxes you but it also uplifts the mood so that you can make the most out of your day or enjoy a sound sleep.
Just escalate down the following steps to know how you can make the best out of your daily shower:
- Take off all your clothes – First things first. Start undressing. Once you’ve taken off all the clothes from your body you can group them into those that require cleaning and those that doesn’t. Put the dirty clothes in a laundry basket and clean ones somewhere safe where they doesn’t get wet while you take the shower.
- Let the water heat up to the desired temperature – Turn on the shower heater and let the water heat up to the required temperature. Meanwhile, make sure that the showerhead is spraying water at the right spot and not out of the shower area by turning it on for a few seconds. You can turn on the tap after a few minutes to check if the water is heated up to the required temperature.
- Once the temperature is perfect, get in the shower – Once the water is heated up to the desired temperature, enter the shower. Enter the shower carefully, while avoiding any kind of slip trip. Make sure to bring all the hygienics (shampoo, conditioner, lotions, etc.) required during and after the shower.
Time to get Clean
- Soak up your entire body in the water – Turn on the showerhead and let the water run on all of your physique. This will help each muscle to get relaxed. Make sure that your hair is also completely soaked in water. This helps to loosen up all the dirt and oil in your hair and also, to facilitate the action of a shampoo.
- Shampoo your hair – Once you’ve completely soaked all your hair and body, take an apt amount of shampoo in your hands and spread it uniformly all over your head. Don’t patch it to a single place. Apply some water on your hair and massage all over your head gently such that each strand of your hair is thoroughly covered with the shampoo.
- Rinse all the shampoo out of your hair – Let the shampoo stand on your head for some time. Afterwards, rinse your hair to get rid of all the lather produced by the shampoo. Keep rinsing until you see a clear flow of water running down your head.
- Apply the conditioner – Conditioner helps to add a glossy look to your hair. Remember that conditioner doesn’t produce any kind of lather and isn’t meant to be applied on the roots, hence start applying the conditioner from scalp towards the hair ends. Let it be on your hair for a few seconds and then rinse it off.
- Wash face before the body – Use your fingers to apply a small amount of face cleanser or exfoliating scrub to your face. Gently massage and scrub all the cleanser/exfoliating all over the face for at least 30 seconds. Apply the same on your neck and upper back. Next, rinse your face with lukewarm water.
- Time for body cleansing – Apply the soap/body wash/cream all over your body. Gently clean all your body with your hands. Don’t forget to work on your shoulders, underarms, behind the ears, and between fingers.
- Body rinsing is next – Once you’re done with rubbing and massaging soap/body cream all over your body, turn on the shower and rinse your entire body. Rinse till you lose all the greasy feel from your body.
Next Comes Shaving and Brushing
- Shave your legs and underarms – Though not everybody likes to shave their legs and underarms, if you’re one of them that regularly likes to get rid of the unnecessary hair from legs and underarms then shower is the best time to do so. Use a skin-friendly cream for the purpose and use a sharp razor for the purpose.
- Shave your face – Apply the shaving cream on your entire face. Use the shaving brush to let it spread all over your face, you can also apply it on your upper neck. Take a sharp razor and start shaving. Proceed with caution as cuts during shaving are very common and easy to get.
- Cleaning private areas – You can clean the unwanted hair around your private parts while having the shower. Be careful while doing so as you’ll working with the most delicate parts of your body.
- Brush your teeth – Brushing while having shower has the advantage that you don’t need to worry about the toothpaste falling on your clothes or body. First, apply the toothpaste to all your teeth. Then, start scrubbing the paste on your teeth using the toothbrush. Use the tongue cleaner on the back of your toothbrush to clean your tongue too.
Finishing Up The Shower
- Get the final rinse – This step is to make sure that no chemical residue (conditioner, shampoo or soap) is left anywhere on your body. You can use water with temperature a little less than that you showered with. Use lukewarm water for rinsing your face.
- Completely turn off the water – Water is precious, and everyone knows that. Therefore, make sure to tightly turn off all the taps and shower after completing the shower to avoid wastage of water. Gather all the belongings that you wish to take out from the shower.
- Leave the shower – Once you’re done with the shower, step out the shower. Be careful to avoid any slip trip. Rug your feet on the mat, if there is any available.
- Use a clean towel for drying up – Use a clean and dry towel for drying yourself. Be sure to completely get dried before putting on clothes.
- Apply other hygieneics – Once you’ve completely dried off using the towel, you can now apply other hygiene products such as lotions, oils, deodorants, hair gel, etc.
- Put on the clean clothes – So now that you’ve finished the shower, put on your clean clothes.